Friday 5 October 2012

a nigerian's speech


She’s black and proud she’s a Nigerian with great hope for her nation, she gave a speech on her country during her presentation here’s her speech;
 
Dear Nigeria, from the lands of Zaria to Calabar, from Lagos to Abuja I feel your Love. 5Million people proudly walk your streets half of them with no shoes on their feet, but if you ask them where they are from they will proudly proclaim, Nigeria we Hail thee!

They say I am not of your blood because I have plead to serve abroad, but if you ask me my name I will proudly proclaim SOGBEYE KELECHI OKORO, an Ibo woman with Kalabari blood from Port Harcourt.

 I will say, my people put down the words of Hate, corruption and internal segregation. This tribalism and foolishness is brewing more hate. Britain may have given us our name but they can never take our faith.

The Beauty of the many languages we speak, that’s why we need to stand on our feet. Let’s come together as one and make a change.

Nigeria I believe in your love and beauty and one day from the bondage you will be free. If you come together and believe we could truly accomplish this dream run this world and stand on our own two feet.

 This too I believe that’s why when they ask me my pedigree I say Nigeria we hail thee and drop to my knees.
Kelechi Okoro/Ginika Okoro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment